Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
Bright Careers International Limited is registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- CV’s, educational records, work history and references
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
- Directly from you. This is information you provide while searching for a new opportunity and/or during the different recruitment stages.
- From an agent/third party acting on your behalf. ex. Contractors Limited Company.
- Through publicly available sources. We use the following public sources:
- Job Boards
- By Reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
Why we collect the information
We need to know your personal data in order to provide you with employment intermediary services. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information for the following reasons:
- To understand your needs and provide you with a better recruitment service.
- To send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs.
- To send you information on talent profiles that may match your business requirements.
- We may share your personal information with our business partners, professional advisors, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with you.
- If you are a client we may disclose your personal information with any candidates who we provide consultancy services to for the purpose of carrying out our activities.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If consented we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, events, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We would like to use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail if you have consented to it. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Upon registering your details with us
When you send us your CV, register as a jobseeker, or submit a job application you agree to allow us to suggest related roles to you via your preferred method of communication: be it email or telephone.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are your rights?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Bright Careers International, 49, Chadwick Road, Langley, SL3 7FT, United Kingdom
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you may request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Point of Contact who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Point of Contact is Sarath Govindarajula and you can contact them at email@example.com